Today's feature artist is the ultra talented Stacey Young of My Boys, My World. Stacy is the wonderful mother of 3 little boys, she lives in Australia and is on the design team for Prima Marketing. Here is her interview, be sure to pop by her blog and leave some love!!!
1. Who is your biggest creative influence?
I have so many creative influences. I love to blog hop around and gather inspiration from all types of scrapbookers. But a picture or even a piece of paper definately get my creative juices flowing:) My boys inspire me every single day!
2. Why did you start creating?
I have always loved art and being artistic. I started scrapbooking about 7 years ago, I think it was quite new back then and to me it sounded like a fun way to pretty up photos. It wasn't until my first son was born over 4 and a half years ago that I really got into the craft. It is now a passion and "my art".
3. What is your favourite thing to create, and why?
I love to create 12 x 12 layouts. I just love picking out a picture and adding some life to it by creating around it. I love playing with embellishments, inks, mists and paints. There are so many different possibilities with scrapbooking and no 2 pages look the same.
4. Do you have a favourite song to create to?
Not a particular song, but I do love to create with music when I can . Most of my time scrapping these days
is spent at night when the boys are tucked up in bed so I have to be quiet.
5. Who are your favourite manufacturers?My all time favourite would have to be Prima Marketing, I have always loved there beautiful papers but their flowers are my ultimate favourite and to now be on their Design Team is such a dream come true. Their products just get better and better with every release. I also love Crate Paper, Hambly, Sassafras, Webster's Pages and October Afternoon.
6. You are on several massively known design teams; what advice would you give anybody trying out for a DT?
Never give up, I, never in a million years thought I would ever be on the Prima Design Team. I still remember when I received the email and how overwhelmed I felt. You also never know what the manufacturers are looking for in a design team member. They always choose such a variety of different styles that it might just be you one day.
7. Many of your layouts and canvases are created using layers; do you have any tips on how to create that look?
Yes, firstly I never ever glue anything down until I have layered it all down on my page first. I will then take everything back off and start adhering to my page. I always start on my bottom layer with paints and mists. I will then tear and distress my patterned papers. I use alot (and I mean ALOT) of foam tape!!! I poke things in here and there and can't help myself to just keep adding more and more.
Thanks so much for popping by,