Sunday, October 23, 2011

Book It//Pinterest Sunday

I cannot believe that the October holidays are finished already; the kids go back to school and I need to get stuck into my next OU course - The Arts: Past and Present. I have a brand new URL for my blog - so if you follow me or you're here for the first time, be sure to just quickly follow or bookmark my blog. Obviously with a new URL comes a new look; I dropped a little bit of the name and went for something a little punchier and decided on a fresh clean look - black and white with small splashes of colour. What do you think? I've also moved my grab-it badge a little higher (on the left), so if you do put it on your blog, let me know and I'll add you to my blog list tab (above).

Anyways it's also Sunday; so I chose one of my favourite (although I'm sure I say that every week) boards - book it!!! I love books - I always have done; from the age of about 7, in the summer I would go to the library EVERYDAY and take out different books....... my passion has grown over time and now I love vintage books, and I have to admit that books smell amazing. My dream? I really want to have a wall to wall library some day - very comforting with big chairs or beanbags; a girl can dream right? Ok so here are some books for you to enjoy:
I love that these books are falling apart, they were obviously very loved - for me, that is the sign of a good book.

I love this arty reading room; it looks comfy with a little bit of quirkiness on the edge.

I know this is a library, but isn't it the most beautiful one you ever seen???

I fell in love with this picture the minute I saw it, I want to own books like
these, just for display.

I love colour coded books; these look so pretty.

This library is really pretty, the original pinner has said it's "beauty and the beast style" - I
could really for that.

I have loads of pins on my book it board; I am so totally addicted. I know alot of people use electronic readers now, I realise that it's easier and less space consuming BUT there is something about buying books; wandering around book stores and curling up with your favourite book

Right I'm off for now, I have dinner in the oven. I'll be back this week with a few posts.

V xx
*all the links go to the pins on my pinterest, the original sites are at the top right of the pinterest photos.

No comments: