Saturday, June 04, 2011

Fashion Feature - Krista

Happy Saturday all,
Welcome to my first Fashion Feature, with Krista of Saturated Canary. I came across Krista's blog completely by accident just a couple of weeks ago and I fell in love with both her blog and her style..... here is her interview:

Do you prefer designer; highstreet or vintage?


I have clothes that would fit all three of these categories. Designer pieces always feel so special, usually because I can only pick one piece (since they are more expensive). I have some vintage dresses; things I've bought from ebay or inherited from my mom. I love them. There is just something about putting on a piece of clothing from 30, 40, even 50 years ago that makes you feel nostalgic, pretty, and different from everyone else. My favorite places to buy clothing are Free People, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, and Victoria's Secret.
What forms your basic daily outfits?



I dress different everyday. I don't know that I could pinpoint a style that totally encompasses my daily outfits. There is often an element of being a bit of a tomboy (I have bought many a pair of jeans in the guys department) and probably a lot of vintage and gypsy/boho influences. I do have the off day of looking somewhat sophisticated; but it isn't my best or most comfortable look.

Do you prefer brights, neutrals or darks?


I like neutrals hands down. I don't do a lot of black. I love gray, cream, off-white, browns, and earthy tones. I like the occasional pop of a bright color. Like a bold scarf or red shoe. On the whole, though, I'm very mellow when it comes to colors. Except my hair:). I'll do crazy colors there!

Where do get your fashion inspiration?


I've been in love with vintage pinup art since I was a teenager. If I could have lived during any other time based solely on fashion, I would pick the 40's and 50's. I've watched the movie Pearl Harbor a dozen times just to enjoy the clothing! I love that era. Current fashion influences...Nicole Richie (love her hippie, layed back style), Eva Mendez (no one wears a dress better!), Olivia Palermo (she has an amazing sense of style...just putting together separates in such a beautiful way), and Gwen Stefani (I have 5 pairs of LAMB shoes/boots, and they R.O.C.K.).
If you were stranded on a desert island, which 3 accessories would you take with you?
1. A sarong.
2. A Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack. Love this bag. (It's great for summer day trips, too!)
3. A comfy hoodie. I get cold easily and would definitely need one to sleep in:).

Krista is giving away this beautiful piece of new artwork with a matching pocket mirror; to win this please leave a comment and of course pop over to Krista's wonderful blog. I will draw a winner sometime next week!!!!
Thanks so much to Krista for this amazing interview, for making my first fashion feature flawless and for offering up a gorgeous giveaway to my followers.

I'll be back tomorrow with Pinterest Sunday.
love, V xoxo

3 comments:

Angie Delarie said...

Three things to take on a desert island
1. My husband (company, warmth and pleasure haha)
2. My Guess sunnies...(literally they don't ever leave my head...well only when I go to sleep) even while I'm at work they are there.
3. My handmade rose scarf, one in a million...that is my savior when its cold...yet still stylistic!
Love and Skullies
AD

ScrappnBee said...

3 things to take to a desert island...hmmm...is there power to plug in my laptop? no?

1. Solar powered laptop
2. A copy of my favorite book "Watership Down"
3. bottomless "Reaster Bunny" Reases peanut butter eggs

Thanks for sharing!

Angie said...

Three things ...now thats a quandry
1 My varifocal sunglasses ...covers all seeing needs.
2 The boys fleecy fireman sam blanket ... to cuddle in or wrap up in on cold days and to remember the smell of family ...and cats lol
3 Something solar powered ...torn between some sort of cooker for turning island fair into meals and laptop for everything else ....lets go with COOKER thingy.

Love that artwork prize