Thursday, March 17, 2011

For Japan With Love

This morning I woke up to rain, and you know what? I didn't care - I was grateful to know exactly where my family is, and to still have my home. Last week a huge earthquake hit the pacific basin, causing a massive Tsunami to then hit Japan - thousands are dead and even more are missing, so what can we do to help?
Utterlyengaged.com and ever-ours.com have teamed up to do a bloggers day of silence on Friday 18 March, here are the guidelines:

The guidelines are simple.
1. This coming Friday, March 18th, no posts at all on your blog.
2. Please post a blog post about what you will be doing this Friday whenever possible in hopes to spread the word and whoever else would like to join in. You all can check out what Lydia of Ever-Ours did for her’s here or how we did ours here and do it your way if you’d like. We’ll be posting a reminder post on Thursday evening on my blog too.
3. Tweet and Re-Tweet the shiznit out of the link to http://www.forjapanwithlove.com please.
4. Encourage your readers to contribute to donate shelter to Japan.
Whatever anyone can contribute will be appreciated.
Every little helps.

The lovely Jen Renee has made this gorgeous Noro wrap and put it up for auction, go check out her post and bid!!! Noro yarn is Japanese and famous for producing beautiful brightly coloured yarns;
If you want to post about Jen's auction, you can feel free to use the above image or any other images from her blog post.

Tomoko (who I believe is a designer for Websters Pages) is asking people to donate handmade items to the cause. She will then sell them on and all profit will go to the Red Cross Society. You can email Tomoko if you wish to donate something - pony00315@gmail.com


The Tsunami in Japan has been horrific, I know tomorrow on the day of blogger silence I will be spending time with my family, doing the things that I love. I cannot even begin to imagine how the Japanese people are feeling - to wake up and not know what that day will bring, to have lost everything and not even know if you're family and friends have survived.... it's sad. It makes me very thankful today.
I hope wherever you are today and tomorrow that you are thankful for what you have, and that you grasp everything with both hands - you don't know when things could change.
Support Japan.
love, V xoxo





1 comment:

Pam said...

Thank you for this post. I will be on "silent" on my blog tomorrow.