Friday, November 05, 2010

A Little Creative Something......

Happy Friday all,
Wow the response to my last post was amazing, thanks to all of you who commented or messaged me - I really appreciate it. Being Gay is a huge thing for people in our society, whether it be for positive, or sadly, negative reasons, and the support of others is massive.

So the past few weeks I have had a crop (got 2 layouts done) and made chutney and 2 different jams - I don't have pics of my apple and pumpkin Jam but I'll let you know how it tastes when we break it open. Here are some pics:

First up this is the tomato and onion chutney, we have to leave it for a month before eating but we tasted a little from the pan and it already tasted yummy:
A fairly arty shot of my first attempt at jam making, I have to alter the setting process slighty as this jam is a little bit too thick but I'm getting there. This is Strawberry and Apple:
And now onto the layouts, the first one is Bohemian Rhapsody:
I used Basic Grey Urban Prairie for this one, and I have to say I enjoyed it so much.... with a few little musical hints, I came out with a layout that I can't wait to put into our wedding album!

This layout took over 3 hours to do, which is quite long for me. I love it though:
The mirrors are actually blank, that's my arm you can see while I was getting a photo. I used Basic Grey Capella for this one (the range will feature heavily in our album). I used lots of little details and made my own shaped cardstock and patterned papers. This is my favourite layout I've done for a good while - I really thought about it all the way through and I'm glad I made a massive kit for it too.

I know I have been a bad blogger since getting married, but I have just been so ultra busy - crop planning, christmas planning, making jam and baking plus I've been accepted to start my OU course in February so it's all gotten really hectic really quickly. I promise to be a better blogger in the next few weeks!!!

I'll be back soon, loves.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Hi. Ive just caught up on your last blog posts and am sat here smiling. It's so lovely to hear you are in such a happy place in your life now. Love your jam and chutney making pics. Enjoy it cos you will never buy anything quite like home produced goodies.
Hugs,
A x

Louise said...

What a domesticated wifey you are - making chutney!!!

The LO's are fantastic and I particularly like your lacy one - perfect.

Jocelyn said...

Love all the goodies that you have been making!!!! They sound wonderful!!!

I adore the LO's.....just beautiful...Enjoy your life right now...make the memories...that is what counts!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

Annie said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog about my Mr Tumble....I do make and sell my dolls to order and have already made one for another fellow blogger :-)
A x

Denise said...

I haven't been over here in awhile and I have missed a lot! Your wedding photos are beautiful! Congrats to you and your wife. I love how you say, "my beautiful wife" that's how my husband, even after 15 years introduces me. I hope you have many, many wonderful years together.

I feel so lucky to have friends and family members who are gay and that my teenage sons have grown up knowing and loving them. I am also a person of faith and for me it works together with no confusion. My church is a congregational church and has many gay and lesbian members. My God loves and accepts everyone.

sorry to be so rambling I just wanted to share and congratulate you!

Sandy Ang said...

Such beatuiful LOs !