Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday Favourites - CUPCAKES

~Happy Thursday all,
~Thank you so much for all your lovely comment on WOYWW yesterday, if I havent' commented on your blog yet it's because I'm a little behind but I am getting there. Anyway back to today - it's Thursday Favourites, and this week's theme is CUPCAKES!!

~Cupcakes are one of my favourite things to bake - I do them every month for my crop, and I try to do a different one each month, the favourite so far has been Carrot and Lemon with a lemon cream cheese frosting (so good), closely followed by Raspberry & White Chocolate and Toffee Fudge........

~I do have to admit, I am not the best decorator of cupcakes yet, I tend to just smooge (spread) the butter icing on with a knife.... or occasionally I make an attempt at piping but I'm not great - however they do taste good and that's important. I won't win any prizes for my cupcake decorating skills, but these ones defintely should:

~I LOVE these animals ones, so cute but I do wonder if you could do a giraffe in this style???
~Anything with butterflies is fine with me:
~OMG these are too cute (although slightly weird), the TV dinner cupcakes:
~I saw this and it made me smile, she is too cute:
~I've seen these cupcakes lots of times on Cupcake websites, and I aspire to make these one day:
~And these would be perfect for a little boy's birthday party, how sweet???
~And lastly, this is the most gorgeous cupcake wedding cake ever - pretty huh???
~So what do you think??? Does it make you a little bit hungry??? HEHE!!! Seriously tho, one day I will perfect my decorating skills and figure it all out. Luckily, although I'm in charge of some of the baking, I will NOT be decorating my wedding cake!!!!

~Do you have any thing you would like to see featured on Thursday Favourites?? Or on any of my weekly features? If you do (or you just want to say hi) feel free to email me (victoriacanning@hotmail.co.uk). I am looking for some Tuesday interviewees for the end of the year so if you would like to be featured on that drop me an email and I'll be sure to feature you (if not the end of this year then the beginning of next).
~Make sure you stop by tomorrow for Creative Friday.
~love, Vicki xxx

PS - Happy 300th blog post to me!!!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh yum yum. They all look so amazing. I usually baked several trays full of cup cakes for our twice a year garden club sales that we hold on our front garden but they are never decorated so beautifully.
A x

Kristina said...

What awesome examples of cupcakes. They are so versatile!!

Thanks for sharing!
~KristinaH

Maggi said...

Happy 300 posts!

I loooooove cupcakes! Those Pac-man ones are awesome!

Helen Laurence said...

Wow they are awesome!! I've just emailed a link to my friend 'cos she loves & wants to make cupcakes x