Monday, March 01, 2010

Seventy and 6,000

~Afternoon all,
~So today, being the 1st March, I decided to change my blog for the VERY last time this year.... I promise. I loved the design I had but it wouldn't allow people to leave comments - so I tried this background out on my test blog AND it definitely works......... anyway what do you think of the new look???
~You might be wondering what the blog title is all about..... well today I got my 70th follower and in the last few days I reached my 6000th visitor - WOW. Thank you so much to all of you who follow or visit my blog, I love that you all enjoy my blog and I cannot wait to reach the big 100th follower - I will DEFINITELY do a big giveaway that day.

~So this past week has been VERY creative, starting with my Scrap Tiffany DT work:
~The theme this week is BUTTONS, so I did a tag set called Loosen Up Your Buttons, using a technique taught at my local crop by the lovely Jane Hewitt (who is also on the DT for A Trip Down Memory Lane). You stamp directly onto the tag using paint, then ink over the top, and then wipe the ink off the tag - the ink over the paint comes off but the rest stays on the tag!!! It's very clever and looks great. Anyway you can see close up's of my tags, and the rest of the work by the design team over on the Scrap Tiffany blog.

~I was at the local crop this past weekend, and I got 2 layouts done using some pencil lines sketches, so here they are:

~Sketch 173
~Sketch 154
~So those are my 2 from the crop, and I finished this layout last week, using Basic Grey Nook and Pantry:
~These muffins are the favourite at the crop, they use peanut butter, chopped peanuts and fudge, mmmm I want them now!!!!! hehe.

~In other news, a few years ago I went to a pottery group - and guess what? I'm going back. There is a small waiting list so I might have to wait for just over a month to start back but I'm so excited - I need to be doing something and I enjoyed it so much the last time - I get to design my work from the beginning and then bring it home, or give it away. These are some of the things I made last time:
~I made this bird house, which went to a conservation project........
~And I gave this bowl to my mum, she loves it and made me sign it!!!......
~So I'll be making some more fabby pottery soon, I'm hoping to make some bits for the garden and maybe something nice for my gran's garden too.
~Ok well that's me for now, I'll be back in a few days.
~love, Vicki xxx

9 comments:

sarah said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. i totally appreciate it! :)

and thanks for sharing those sketches with your takes on them... LOVELY work! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Jocelyn said...

LOVE the Lo's and those muffins...I NEED ONE NOW!!!!

The pottery looks beautiful!!

Wishing you a great week!!

maddy hill said...

vicki your layouts are gorgeous !
and i love your pottery house - its totally ace !
hugs
maddy x

Rebecca Keppel said...

Love your tag set and those takes on the pencil lines sketches are fabulous. Pottery sounds like lots of fun too!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Thank you so much for introducing yourself on my blog!!!! I love love love your pottery!!! and your pages are delightful!
xoxo,
julie ann

Hannie C said...

love the toffee nut layout!

Zarah said...

Fab LOs and I adore the pottery! :D

Angela Toucan said...

amazing pottery

Unknown said...

thanks for joining us at Pencil Lines, lovely layouts :)