Just before Christmas my MIL found out she's diabetic so, with my wife being diabetic also, I set out to create a cupcake recipe that uses lets natural sugar. I decided to use my Ikea cupcake tin, this one is tall, and makes the cutest cupcakes:
So here's what I used:
Ingredients4oz stork (or butter etc)
2 eggs (I used medium/large sized)
2oz dark brown sugar (you can just use normal caster sugar)
1.2oz sugar subsitute
3 drops lemon essence
4oz self raising flour
0.1oz baking powder
- whisk your butter and sugar together until smooth
- whisk in one egg at a time, with your lemon essence
- whisk in your flour and baking powder
- whisk for a few more minutes, then divide into the cupcake papers
- bake on 190c for about 10/15 minutes (this depends on the size of your cupcake)
- test your cupcakes with a piece of raw spagetti - if it comes out clean you're done!!!!
I'll be back tomorrow with some knitting!!!