Thursday, January 19, 2012

Diabetic Cupcakes//Foodies

Just before Christmas my MIL found out she's diabetic so, with my wife being diabetic also, I set out to create a cupcake recipe that uses lets natural sugar. I decided to use my Ikea cupcake tin, this one is tall, and makes the cutest cupcakes:
 So here's what I used:
Ingredients
4oz stork (or butter etc)
2 eggs (I used medium/large sized)
2oz dark brown sugar (you can just use normal caster sugar)
1.2oz sugar subsitute
3 drops lemon essence
4oz self raising flour
0.1oz baking powder

Method
  1. whisk your butter and sugar together until smooth
  2. whisk in one egg at a time, with your lemon essence
  3. whisk in your flour and baking powder
  4. whisk for a few more minutes, then divide into the cupcake papers
  5. bake on 190c for about 10/15 minutes (this depends on the size of your cupcake)
  6. test your cupcakes with a piece of raw spagetti - if it comes out clean you're done!!!!
These cupcakes are a little less moist than some but I'm working on it - and they do make a yummy treat if you're just trying to cut down on sugar. You could make different variations - I threw in some coconut too.
I had alot of fun making these, it's been a while since I've baked something just for fun - I did lots of baking for hampers over christmas, plus the christmas cake and a commissioned birthday cake so this was nice and relaxing!
I'll be back tomorrow with some knitting!!!
V xo

No comments: