Saturday, November 12, 2011

Texture Box//Weekly Creative

Last month I made a quite large shoebox into a piece of art; I have always been a huge fan of anything with texture!! I have hundreds of photos of doors, floors and so much more just because I love the textures involved. So this box will eventually contain a minibook with the photos and some other pieces that I love....

I started out gessoing my whole box; then layering up acrylic paints, inks and glaze paints. I wanted purple and orangey colours while keeping my steampunk look:
For the lid I used some grungeboard wings, some glitter thickers that I filed, the gorgeous new Prima resist canvas and a lady shape playing card (that I covered). I decided quite early that everything was going to have quite alot of texture so that everything came off the box.
For the front I used some small grungeboard wings, a piece cut from some graphic 45 paper, a grungeboard name plate and a few other bits. The handle came from a giftbag - I thought this was a great use of recyling.
In these 3 photos you can see just how much everything pops off the page; I definitely want to try some of these boxes for birthday presents etc next year. I love to do handmade gifts and boxes are always a great source of storage!!!
That's me for today, I'm taking it easy as I've injured my back but I still have some studying to do. I'll be back tomorrow for Pinterest Sunday/
Vxo

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):)