LEMON AND CARROT CUPCAKES
150g self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
125g brown sugar
75g grated carrot
Rind of one lemon and juice
· Preheat oven to 180 (gas mark 4).
· Put 12 cup cake cases into a bun tin.
· Sieve the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl.
· Add the butter, brown sugar, carrot, lemon and eggs.
· Beat together with a wooden spoon until well mixed. (i tend to use an electric whisk)
· Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until they spring back when pressed.
· Transfer cakes to a wire cooling rack leave until cold.
· Add icing if you want
LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
400g full-fat cream cheese
150g unsalted butter
200g icing sugar
add lemon juice to taste
beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth, then beat in sugar and lemon juice to taste.
~This recipe is one of the favourites of our crop group so I thought I'd share this one for my first Recipe Monday group. If you use any of these recipes and make any changes please email me and let me know - I love variations!!!
~love, Vicki xx
PS.... the winner of Maggi's giveaway is.......the lovely Metal_Minish over at Nerd Scrap, this guy rocks - go check out his blog!!!!