Monday, July 05, 2010

Recipe Monday (and a winner)


LEMON AND CARROT CUPCAKES

INGREDIENTS:

150g self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

125g butter
125g brown sugar
75g grated carrot
Rind of one lemon and juice
2 eggs

METHOD:

· Preheat oven to 180 (gas mark 4).
· Put 12 cup cake cases into a bun tin.
· Sieve the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl.
· Add the butter, brown sugar, carrot, lemon and eggs.
· Beat together with a wooden spoon until well mixed. (i tend to use an electric whisk)
· Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until they spring back when pressed.
· Transfer cakes to a wire cooling rack leave until cold.
· Add icing if you want

LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
INGREDIENTS:

400g full-fat cream cheese
150g unsalted butter
200g icing sugar
add lemon juice to taste

METHOD:

beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth, then beat in sugar and lemon juice to taste.

~This recipe is one of the favourites of our crop group so I thought I'd share this one for my first Recipe Monday group. If you use any of these recipes and make any changes please email me and let me know - I love variations!!!

~love, Vicki xx

PS.... the winner of Maggi's giveaway is.......the lovely Metal_Minish over at Nerd Scrap, this guy rocks - go check out his blog!!!!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh my YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...These look Fabulous...now I want to run and make them...but with temps in the 100's....no oven on in this house!!!

Congrats to the winner!!! :-)

Leah l'Orange said...

woo hoo for those SCRUMMY cupcakes - they look absolutely DELISH, Vicki!

and girlie, you have so much going on, how do you do it?! busy gal, and still managing to rock the crafting world!

congrats to our Nerd-Boy! the Gauche kits are AMAZING!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

These are seriously making me drool!!! YUM!

T.W said...

Droppin' in during my chaos of moving... @_@
Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a lovely day with lots of yumminess to eat... like those cupcakes! They look delicious~

And yay! =D First time I've ever won anything via blogs! Whohoo~ ^o^