Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Feature Artist - LG

~Happy Tuesday all,
~This post is coming to you by scheduling (don't you love it????), as I'm off at the Zoo. Right today we have the very fabulous and talented Lady Grace, she is such an inspiration and designs for My Scrapbook Nook as well as several others:
I Lady Grace Belarmino a scrapper from the Philippines with a Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts Major in Advertising Design. I am married to my very supportive husband, Regie, for 2 years now and a mother to a 2year old baby girl, Hannah. I started scrapbooking almost over a year ago (December 2008) a few months after I gave birth to my daughter. I decided to enter into scrapbooking to preserve my family's memories and to express my creative side.

My style differs from one layout to the other. I love experimenting and trying out new techniques as I create a page. I am into handcutting, distressing, photo editing and layering. My pages are simple and I always make sure that the photo is always the focal point on my layout. Learn more about me by visiting my blog http://scrappinworld.blogspot.com/

Who is your biggest inspiration???
I get my inspirations everywhere. From photos that I took, from colours I see on my surroundings, ads from magazines, lines or titles from books and movies, and creations from my fellow scrappers online but my biggest inspiration is my family.

Why did you start creating?

I was pregnant then and was really bored due to bed rest, I started researching online for possible hobbies that incorporate art, capturing memories and journaling. I came across several scrapbook blogs and started reading about it for months. I read about tutorials, trends, color combination and such. It was only when Hannah was 7months old when I made my first page. I got hooked and debuted my blog December 2008 and never stopped since. It is the perfect hobby for a new wife and a new mother starting a family and documenting about my journey in life.
What is your favourite thing to create?
I mostly do layouts. Cards and altered items are only made if it's a requirement for my DT job. I try to stick to layouts because that is the main reason I scrap.

What are your favourite manufacturers?
Basic Grey, Pink Paislee, Crate Paper, My Minds Eye and October Afternoon

You do have a lot of Design Team work, who is your favourite to design for?
This is a hard question because I am privileged enough to be invited to work with several Kit Clubs (My Scrapbook Nook, ScrapThat!, and Scrapbook Deals 4U), Manufacturers (Shimmerz and one to be announced real soon), and an Online Scrapbook Store (YourscrapbookStash.com). I have different reasons why I love each of my DT post but if I'm going to choose my Top 1, that would be My Scrapbook Nook. Aside from their gorgeous kits, the community there is very accommodating and everybody is very talkative. Can you imagine 1000posts per month? We can never run-out of topic there.

Do you create with music? If so what is your favourite creative song?
Yes I do. I love listening to ambient music like Enya and Loreena McKennit, instrumental music (piano, harp and violin), and sometimes Glee's soundtrack
What are your 3 must-have creative items?
Patterned papers, Border Punches, Alphas

Have you ever created anything you've hated?
HAHAHA. It's not HATE but more on disappointment.

My DH told me that I'm OCD and tend to be very structural or I follow the same steps, I even use a ruler to make sure everything is straight LOL My "DREAM" style would be something simple, neat and direct but cant seem to do it because I kept adding stuff. I had several layouts that I thought was so ugly but it turns out to be beautiful according to others. We are truly our worst critics and the hardest to please. I've learned my lesson, so now i try my best to appreciate everything that I do and just love this craft that makes me happy.

~Make sure you go leave LG some love on her fabulous blog, and leave her some comments here too!!!!
~Thanks for stopping by,
~love, Vicki xxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your LOs are wonderful and a great interview too Hun, I shall pop along and have a nosey at Grace's blog

Oh and thanx Vicky for stopping by my blog to inform me of my win (so pleased!) sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. hope the zoo was fun and I love the gruffalo toys I have bought my Granson this book I love it!

Love Dawn xx

LG said...

Hi sweetie! Thank you so much for featuring me at your blog. I am so touched and honored. You are such a great and sweet friend