Thursday, June 10, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp - Day 5: Grow

~Happy Thursday all,

~Due to the fact that I'm doing creativity boot camp, I'm not doing a Thursday favourites post for the next 2 weeks, normal service will be continued the week after!!!

~So today we had to think about music we listened to as teens, in our high school years (and journal about our hopes and expectations from this time) - so I searched for some 90's ispiration and came up with this song, Kiss the Rain:

~In my teens I wasn't incredibly popular (or not at all) and I lost myself in music - particularly strong woman music. I had aspirations to be something great, to succeed in my life and not to be taken over by other people and have them dominate me. Now I still love strong woman music, infact music is a huge part of my life..... popularity doesn't matter to me - i dont feel that need anymore. I feel like I'm doing good things, and they will turn into great things and I am succeeding. I'm not the person I thought I was going to be but I'm someone different and in many ways better. I love my life now, and I know that I'm going places.

~Todays random word prompt was GROW, and this is my ATC:
~Yes that is me, in 1983, I think I was coming up for 1 or maybe just past. I did some embossing to a few of the paper measuring tapes on this. And those letters are alot more pink than they look in the photo. I've never used a cut around photo before, infact I have professed to hating it, but I have to say in the right place it can look good.
~I'm excited to see what everyone else has come up with for this prompt. I'll be back tomorrow with Day 6.
~love, Vicki xxx

11 comments:

helena said...

another superb piece - love that you are doing ATCs. Great idea to use the tapemeasures

Anne said...

I am loving your ATCs! The tape measures are especially fabulous, and I think the cut out photograph works really well.

R Montalban said...

It is good to be happy with yourself - may you continue to grow.

krissilugbill said...

oh so cute! love it! i love how you used the measuring tape look on the edges! wonderful :)

Kirsty.A said...

Well done. I got completely stuck on 'grow'

Stephanie said...

Such a cute photo! I also love the ruler you used around the edge. Thanks for the kind comment on my pic for the day. It makes me smile, so I hope you get a smile out of this too! :o)

Stephanie said...

By the way... that song takes me back. So much fun!

Sarah P. said...

SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Another great ATC. I've never done any of these, but they seem to be a perfect medium for this class.

Maggi said...

How cool, that ATC rocks!

Louise said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I just popped over to have a look at your ATC - its absolutely lovely.

Thinking of change "A Change will do you good" great song by Cheryl Crow!