Monday, November 09, 2009

New Blog Look, Hair, All I Want.........

~Hiya all,
~Firstly, what do you think of my new look??? I was getting bored with the old one, and I'd had it for a good while so I figured now was a good time for change.
~Secondly I'm still in pain, the bruising is going down tho, and I've had a letter and some emails from the bus company saying they are contacting their insurance managers so I just have to wait and see what happens from here.
~And the best news.... I have an interview with the college on 14th December for a skills test for hairdressing, so hopefully in about 3 years I'll be creating looks such as these..........

~Annoyingly looking at hairstyles makes me want my hair done, however I am growing it out because I want longer hair and a fringe (or bangs for my US readers), and I defintely want pink highlights next year..... I have joined a forum recently and today I asked what is your dream job? Mine is definitely hairdressing, so I'm following my dream. How about you? What is your dream job?

~Last, but certainly not least..... these 2 shops are my favourite ones at the moment. The recipe card kit is from Red Velvet Art and the PJ bottoms (i love them) are from Anthropologie - fab shop. I really want lots from both shops but these 2 are my faves.........


~Red Velvet Art
~Anthropologie

~No scrapping done at the moment, I havent' been able to move my neck to see what I'm doing, but maybe sometime this week I'll get some done!!! I've been surfing blogs so I have lots of cool new ideas and tons of inspiration - i just need to get well enough to use it!!
~Thank you all for all the lovely messages and support on my last post, I appreciate it. I'll be back later in the week.
~Vicki xx

10 comments:

Carmen said...

My dream job seems to change on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. Careers wise at school I didn't have a clue. First I wanted a bookshop/coffee shop, then I wanted to be a trucker, then I wanted to run a cattery, then I wanted to learn psychology and even got so far as an Open Uni thing, then I wanted to be a midwife or nurse, now I really just want to play with all my craft stuff and one day get up the guts to try and sell some bits... that's the only thing that has remained the same throughout, my loving arty crafty things. Soooo. when the girls are older if I can get a job to support my craft habit and prop up some craft sales. That would be way cool ;)


Loving those jammy bottoms. Hope your aches and pains ease soon. Not fun.

Do you really have 18 cats? :D Fantastic!

Maggi said...

Not sure that I have a dream job, lol. I know I would love to get paid for being creative! lol Congrats on following your dream!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the new blog look....and loving your dream job....wish i was closer...i'd soooooooooooooo have u do my hair! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

bethchien said...

i AM TOTALLY LOVING YOUR NEW BLOG LOOK!!! And that is so awesome about wanting to be a stylist. Good luck with your interview! I did not know you guys called bangs, fringe. hahaha I learn something new every day.
B

Rita Barakat said...

I really hope you are healing quickly Vicki! Wishing you you well in your new venture...speaking of which I need to make a hair appoitnment!

Jocelyn said...

I too love the new look and man....you need to live closer...I lost my regular stylist and can not find one that I really like!!! Wishing you a great day and hoping that you are feeling better!!! :-)

Momoko Plush Tattooed Mom | Beauty and craft! said...

aww redvelvetart is the best shop ever *_*

stephanie said...

great new blog, good to hear your bruises are going. i never had a dream job and fell into nursing.

Lisa said...

Fantastic new blog look! Love it!!! So sorry to read about your bus incident...glad things seem to be getting better. Just take care...neck injuries are vicious. I have one from almost 8 years ago that occasionally rears its ugly little head a bits me again.

Thanks for visiting my blog today. It was wonderful hearing from you!

xoxo
L

Anonymous said...

"Find a job you enjoy, and you'll never work a day in your life." I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate - even dream jobs can be hard work, but, it does make life much easier when you are doing something you love.

Follow your dreams as best you can...