Friday, July 31, 2009

Darby, Luna, Shopping, Birthday and Tags!!!!

~Hiya all,
~So it's been a busy sort of week, lots going on. Firstly a huge congratulations goes to Jay who starts her new job on Monday - I'm so happy for her :D but I'll miss her when she's not here. I start college in 4 weeks tho so I'll be busier then. I've been thinking alot this week about what course I want to do full time next September - when I've worked some more with my doctor and I'm doing better. Anyway I knew I wanted to do something creative - and there is a local college who does Interior Design - so that's what I'm going for. I have been doing alot of reading online and have bought a House Beautiful magazine for now........... Interior Design just feels like something I would enjoy and could do so it makes sense!!!! So I'll apply next spring and take it from there.

~Anyway other news, Darby Violet, my petite blythe, arrived on Tuesday, and she threw herself into her first photoshoot..........
~Here she is with Madison...........
~And out in the garden, exploring a plant pot.........
~On Wednesday, Jay and I took Darby to Edinburgh for the day - we went on the train...........


~Then we had lunch at Jimmy Chungs, and finally went clothes shopping. Here is Darby posing in the mirror..........
~As you can see she had alot of fun, she's living in the craft room at the moment and awaiting her new dress and hat set!!!

~I have also ordered this 12" doll, a lounging lovely who will be called Luna Rose.............
~She's on her way with lots of clothes, including dresses, tshirts, a yummy fleece, some trainers and some uber geek glasses. I ordered her some jeans on Ebay and they've arrived already - YAY!! So look out for more photos of her.

~On our trip to Edinburgh we popped into this lovely Japanese inspired shop, and I picked up a Blythe purse...........
~I was in need of a new purse, I just had to find one that I loved - and this one suited me perfectly!!!

~I also had the lovely Steph from A Ska Loving Geek make me these corsage pins that I saw on her Etsy shop. So I'm excited for them to arrive too.
~Yesterday was my nephew Robbie's 4th Birthday - I cannot believe he's 4 already, it doesn't seem that long ago that he was born!!! Anyway here he is blowing out the candles on his Spongebob Squarepants cake.........
~And here is Oscar enjoying a slice of said cake.........
~Looks like he's enjoying it huh????

~Sharon and Chris are in the stages of toilet training Kristofer..... so they bought this:

~It talks when the child goes, makes flushing noises and sings alot too - Kristofer loves it and it's really helping him. I had to share it!!!!

~I was given a blog award by the lovely Jocelyn over at Simply Me.............

~Here's the details for accepting the award

~Copy the award and post it on your blog

~Link it back to the person you received it from

~List 10 things you love about blogging

~Pass it along to 10 blog pals

~So my 10 things are:
1. I have made tons of new friends
2. I love reading about other people - I'm nosy like that
3. I get so inspired by other people's work
4. It's fun!!
5. I love reading people's comments
6. I get so excited when I get a new follower
7. Laughter - I laugh alot!!
8. Learning new things
9. Fabulous photography
10. I'm going to say making friends again because I'm made so many!!!!

~And the 10 people I am going to tag are:
1. Lizzie
2. Maggi
3. Lynnette
4. Feli
5. LG
6. Debs
7. Jay
8. Katy
9. Julie
10. Sarah
~Enjoy your award ladies.
~Right that's all from me for now, I haven't done anything creative this week, maybe over the weekend I'll get some done!!!! Remember to pop over to Dare to be Different and apply for the design team, also I'm still looking for sponsors.
~Vicki xxx

9 comments:

Sarah C said...

Looks like you've all been having a great time. So glad you're feeling better now.

Thanks for the award :D xxx

feli said...

thanks for tagging me vicki! :) i really appreciate it..

Jocelyn said...

Looks like you have had a great week and YAY for going back to school...Interior Design....awesome!!!! Have a great day sweet friend!!! :)

Maggi said...

Wowowowow so many great things to comment on and I told myself I wouldn't do any blog hopping this week! lol Congrats to Jay and to you for choosing Interior Design!

That SpongeBob cake looks delicious! And I am so in love with Darby, she is fabulous (and already a major traveler!) lol

Thank so much for the award, you are such a fabulous friend, so glad to know you!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee the photos....and love the choice U made for school!!!! And thanks soooooooooooooooo MUCH for the AWARD! :):):):):):):):):):)

LG said...

thanks Vicki!

Jackie said...

Hi Vicki, great post! I have left something for you over on my blog :)

deb famularo said...

hey Vicki! How are you girl!! Interior design, whoo hoo- right up your alley!That's SO awesome! You're gonna do GREAT!
Thank you so much for the award!!!! I'll get that up as soon as I can. Having not blogged for a week, I feel so out of touch! Okay hun, stay well! xO deb

LG said...

Hi sweetie!

I would like to thank you for your birthday greeting. I really appreciate to have a friend like you.